Introduction To SEO
Do you need the visitor to your site? Or want to do a successful business through the internet?
What is the first thing do you need? Most important thing is the traffic or visitor. Yes! To get traffic or visitor, you need SEO or Search engine optimization. SEO is a critical part of creating a successful presence on the internet. In this post, I’m going to discuss the basic part of search engine optimization that means your visitors ultimate process of making the profit.
According to Wikipedia,” Search engine optimization (SEO) is the process of affecting the visibility.
Of a website or a web page in a search engine’s unpaid results – often referred to as “natural,” “organic,” of”earned” results.’ We hear the term SEO all the time. Many of us understand by the term SEO is to drive traffic and rank website higher in the search engine. But driving traffic and ranking website are the results of SEO. So we can come up with a definition- “ SEO is the process and practice of increasing the quantity and quality of traffic and making more visibility of a website in search engine.”
SEO is not rocket science, but it is complicated. It takes continuous study and dedication to be an SEO expert. But one can learn the fundamentals within few minutes. I will try to lay out the basics of SEO in this post. Beginners will get a complete idea about SEO. Brace yourself as it is going to be a long post.
How Search Engine Works?
Before doing SEO, we first need to know how search engines work. What are the factors of evaluating a website? What are the attributes a website should have? What changes search engines are making their algorithm updates? Simply we have to understand the pros and cons of search engines. We must know what makes search engines happy.
There are three fundamental stages for a search engine:
- The first stage is crawling. Crawling is the stage where content is discovered.
- The second stage is indexing, where content is analyzed and stored in huge databases
- The final stage is ranking, where search engine ranks them
Crawling is where search engine operation begins. Search engines scan the whole site and get a complete list everything on there including page title, page layout, page titles, keywords and any other pages it links to. You may have the question how search engines crawl a page.
An automated bot – a spider visits each page, and it does it within a blink of an eye. Nowadays search engines consider much additional information while crawling like user-friendly page design, social media sharing options, advertising units, etc. Crawling is a never ending process.
After crawling, the following step is indexing. Indexing is the process of taking each and every data a website or page owner has and placing it in a big database. Blog writer James Bruce explained
indexing in a simple way using an example. Suppose someone is trying to list all of his books including their author and number of pages. Going through each and every book is crawling and writing down the list of author and number of pages is indexing. Now we can differentiate crawling and indexing.
The final stage is ranking. Considering approximately 200 factors, Google ranks a site based on indexing documents.
Search queries and search operators
Search engine queries are important to know SEO.It will help to find anything on search engine faster. One can get exact search information by following these queries.
Top 10 Search queries
- Find industry resources
- Find sites where you can list your website
- Find non-profit organizations that accept donations
- Find websites to promote your tools, badges, widgets & infographics for Link Building
- Find blogs that review products
- Find websites that review products
- Find Industry Specific Q & A
- Find blogs that accept sponsored/paid reviews
- Find Industry Specific Social Profiles
- Find Industry Specific Events
Websites to Get Industry Resources
Keyword + “top 10 resources”/”top resources”Keyword + “top 10 sites/”top sites”
Keyword + “top 10 websites”/”top websites.”
Keyword + “top 10 articles”/ “top articles”
Keyword + “top 10 tools”/”top tools.”
Keyword + “top 10 web resources”/” top web resources.”
Keyword + “top 10 internet resources”/”top internet resources.”
Keyword + “top 10 online resources”/”top online resources.”
Keyword + “recommended resources”/”suggested resources.”
Keyword + “useful resources”/”interesting resources.”
Find Website Where To list Own Website
Keyword + “add a site”/”submit site”/”suggest site”/”post site”/”recommend site”
Keyword + “add URL”/”submit URL”/”suggest URL”/”post URL”/”recommend URL”
Keyword + “add listing”/”submit listing”/”suggest listing”/”post listing”/”recommend listing”
Keyword + add/submit/suggest/post/list/recommend article
Keyword + add/submit/suggest/post/list/recommend video
Keyword + add/submit/suggest/post/list/recommend podcast
Keyword + add/submit/suggest/post/list/recommend whitepaper
Keyword + add/submit/suggest/post/list/recommend webinars
Keyword + add/submit/suggest/post/list/recommend event
Keyword + add/submit/suggest/post/list job
Keyword + add/submit/suggest/post/list contest
Keyword + add/submit/post/list coupons
Find Industry Specific Q & A
industryName + site:quora.com
industryName + site:askville.amazon.com
industryName + site:linkedin.com/answers
industryName + site:wiki.answers.com
industryName + site:answers.yahoo.com
Find blogs that accept sponsored/paid reviews
Keyword + intext:”this is a sponsored post.”
Keyword + intext:”this was a sponsored post.”
Keyword + intext:”this is a paid post.”
Keyword + intext:”this was a paid post.”
Keyword + intext:”this is a Sponsored review.”
Keyword + intext:”this was a Sponsored review.”
Keyword + intext:”this is a paid review.”
Keyword + intext:”this was a paid review.”
Why Need SEO or Search engine optimization?
Let us come to the point of importance why we need SEO. Sometimes you may raise question like-
- My website is well designed. Why is it not driving expected traffic?
- My content is great.Why is it not attracting people?
- My products are too good. Why are people not finding them on the web?
- My competitors are not that strong. Why is he growing when I have the most exclusive products/service?
If you ever asked these questions to yourself and still do not aware of the importance of SEO, then you must pay enough attention.
- SEO helps to find yourself discovered on WEB. It ensures your existence on the web by helping you rank on the first page for your particular niche.
- SEO makes sure that your contents get seen. If you can not reach your content to your target market no matter how good it is, It is already dead.
- You may have outstanding quality products or service to offer. If your target market does not find them searching on WEB, your competitor will take your customer to have their products. If you are not willing to lose your customer, and your competitors grow, then make love with SEO.
- SEO is not a cost but an investment with high return. Consider business on the internet to the traditional one. If you are going to start a business, you will try to find the best possible location for your business. You will eventually end up in a location where you can get most targeted customer
You will compete and in many cases will try to get a suitable location by paying extra cash to purchase that location.In business location matters. If the location is not right, no matter how good your business it will die. The simple fact is ” No traffic, No Business. More traffic, More Business”. SEO helps you to get you that desired location where all your customers visit.
- SEO impacts the research and buying cycle. It helps to increase sales without proportionately increasing marketing cost. One of the most important factors of SEO is not that expensive. Without investing much by taking the strategic approach, it brings better ROI.
- If you are planning to establish your brand on WEB, then SEO is the best approach. SEO creates visibility and increases social sharing. If you have quality contents, SEO will position your message in your customers’ mind.
- The best part of SEO is that you can measure each and every tiny thing that affects your business. SEO is highly measurable which helps you to track your business growth or loss.You can find your flaws and correct them.
Who need Search Engine Optimization?
Every business on web needs SEO. From small business to giant companies all they need visibility SEO ensures that visibility. It does not matter in which niche you are working. Every niche is flooded with less or more competition.Unless you place yourself on the first page of the search engine, it is tough to survive. SEO has become a mandatory and unavoidable marketing tool.
Think you are a dentist, then see the following image to understand why need SEO?
You may have the question why on earth a dentist needs SEO. A dentist needs authenticity. He needs to create the solid identity and build a reputation in his locality. People take the decision to choose their dentist by searching on search engines. For this reason, a dentist must need visibility on search engines. When people search on Google if he is not found, then people will choose the dentists who are on first or second page of search engines.No matter what degree a dentist has and how skilled he is, if he is not showed up on the search result, he is going to lose business. His competitors will take advantage by doing SEO. For this reasons, it is clear that no matter that profession you choose, SEO is unavoidable.
A career in SEO?
Increasing demand for SEO services: Demand for SEO is increasing day by day. Companies realize his importance of ranking their sites and driving quality traffic into it. You’ve heard the impressive statistics: 150,000 digital jobs are predicted by 2020, digital marketing salaries are rising, and only Ireland’s digital economy will soon be worth £21.1bn.
Diversified Job Opportunity: SEO offers the diversified area to work. Though an SEO specialist should cover most of the areas, one can choose any of it in which his talent suits best.
One can choose his career as an SEO marketing director, Keyword strategist, SEO manager, Link builder, SEO friendly content developer, SEO copywriter and so on. Taking SEO as the career offers the opportunity to show talent in which one is good at.
High Salary: High salary is one of the main reasons which attracts the young people to take SEO as a career. An upward trend of salary growth is clearly visible.
Double digit growth in SEO wages and increasing salary trends are making SEO as a highly lucrative sector.
Growth In SEO Jobs: You have probably heard the phrase ” SEO is dead.” The fact is that there is 18% growth in some SEO jobs.
This is a comparison between 2012 and 2015 which reflects a clear scenario of growth in some SEO jobs.
Career As SEO Fluent Account Manager: Most interesting part in SEO job sector we noticed that 11% growth in demand for SEO-fluent account managers, growing from 9% of total SEO jobs to 20%
You will again hear the phrase someday in future ” SEO is dead.” Yes, that is true. The reason is that SEO is a continuously changing profession. It will change as search engine changes its algorithm. Only continuous learning and adapting the changes can leverage someone in this profession. All you have to do is to dig deeper into other’s business and observe how the search engine is working.This Evolution and continuously changing process have made this profession more interesting for the people who love new challenges. Before taking SEO as a career make sure you are adaptive to a new situation and you are passionate about learning new things.You must have an interest in business and how business works. Extensive research will give you certain leverage in this field.
Must-Have SEO Skills
Is SEO A Good Career Choice? Let us find out what experts say-
1.”SEO should be the skill you have as a sliver of a larger power”–Ross Hudgens is the founder of Siege Media.
According to Ross Hudgens, SEO is not a single skill but a set of skills which relate to each other.If You think you can become an SEO specialist by mastering a single skill like link building or keyword researching, you are thinking it wrong. You will end up as a keyword research specialist or link building specialist but not an SEO expert. Whenever you are going to do SEO job, you are most likely going to do it for a large company. For this, you have to work with many people with diversified departments. You must have the good interpersonal skill to cope up with this situation.
SEO is a set of competencies and to become an SEO specialist one must have the ability to dig deeper in others’ businesses.
2.” A career of life-long learning” –Dana Lookadoo is an SEO Consultant and founder of Yo! Yo! SEO.
SEO is a continuously changing field. Which is working today, may not work tomorrow. A single update of the search engine can change the whole game the way it is being played. One must have the attitude towards continuous learning to survive in this profession. Learning comes from study, research, experiment, idea sharing. The more you learn, the more chances you have to come up with new strategies and tactics that will take you to a new level. SEO profession is all about strategies.
3.”SEO is the field for smart and passionate people where only the fittest remain”-Dana Lookadoo is the Co-Founder and CEO of Xight Interactive
SEO is a profession for intelligent and passionate people. ‘Love what you do, do what you love’ this success mantra is also applicable to this business. You have to do the extensive amount of research.
Study and experiments to figure out which works and which does not. Unless you don’t have that much passion, you will end up being frustrated. The more you dig deeper into SEO, the more strategies you will find to work on. This practice will make you smarter day by day. SEO is an evolving industry. You must have the ability to see things in a different way so that you can predict things and reshape your skills.
4.”To succeed in SEO, you should be agile, creative, analytical and a bit scientific”-Dan Petrovic is Australia’s best-known search engine professional and the owner of Dejan SEO.
If someone wants to be successful in SEO, he must have the ability to move quickly. As SEO is a competitive evolving industry, there are always brand new opportunities, but one must be so prompt to grab them. SEO is complicated and to solve complex problems one must be creative.
There is always the solution to a problem, but you must be creative enough to come up with the proper solution. At the same time, analytical skills and logical thinking are also vital.You must take rational decisions based on analytics and act like a problem-solving machine. You have to play with the data to predict trends.
It is now clear to us that SEO can be a very lucrative and exciting profession for anyone who is adaptive to change.If you can not embrace changes, then SEO is not for you.
Following Questions To Answer Before taking SEO As Profession:
- Do you have the passion for technology?
- Are you comfortable in continuous learning?
- Do you think long term instead of short run?
- Are you a Googler who loves to find out everything doing Google?
- Do you consider obtaining new skills interesting?
- Are you creative enough to solve problems?
- Do you have the interest in human psychology and behavior?
- Can you work hard for a long time without getting frustrated?
- How much you enjoy business?
- Do you have enough patience?
- Are you willing to use your competition as leverage?
- Do you work on emotional intelligence?
- Do you love to create the network with smart people in the relevant fields?
- How well can you manage your stress level, frustration, and anxiety?
- Are you prepared to embrace changes?
- Are you comfortable working in a team?
- Do you love science and logic?
- Do you enjoy market research, following trends?
- Do you take the decision based on data and statistics?
- Do you find opportunities in problems?
You may often think how to you will decide to choose a quality SEO company. There are certain criterias you must know before taking SEO service from a company. I am mentioning name of the top 10 SEO companies in Bangladesh below-
- Devs Team
- ByteCode | Digital Marketing & Web Development Firm
This Company has worked for more than 300+ international company; HERE You can see Their work Record and this company only give you guarantee for the first page Ranking within 4-6 months with affordable cost.
On the other hand, you can ask following questions before hiring ByteCode SEO Service
- Fortune Tech | Local SEO Award winning Company, Award is given by basis.org.bd
- Nano IT World
- Zaman IT
- Amar Tech
- IT BiZ Bangladesh
- SEO Services Companies
- BD Web Services
Bangle Video Tutorial
Finally, I would like to say that SEO is a very fast moving complicated but interesting field. It is a mandatory service that every business on the internet needs or will need in future.Pattern or practice of doing SEO will change, but it will not be replaced or dead. I mentioned it again because you do not have to worry about the survival of SEO.SEO is also A lucrative profession for energetic, adaptive and smart people. SEO is not just a service or profession, SEO is a lifestyle.
Many of you are thinking how you can develop your businesses, and many of you are planning to take SEO as your profession. ByteCode is always here to sort out all your problems and meet your expectations. Comment if you have more queries.